Financial Aid for International Students
Sarah Lawrence College awards limited, need-based financial aid to international students. As a highly selective college, we take each student’s academic and personal merit into account when we make our admission decisions. After we admit a student, the College awards financial aid based upon each student’s demonstrated need. We offer financial aid to all students who have demonstrated financial need and we try to fund those students as fully as possible to enable them to study at Sarah Lawrence College.
To apply for financial aid, you will need to submit the following:
- After September 15, register for the College Scholarship Service (CSS) financial aid PROFILE form online. For background and assistance, see “How to Complete the Profile.” When you register online, your personalized PROFILE application will be available to complete over the Web. You may list up to 10 colleges on this form; Sarah Lawrence College’s CSS or PROFILE code is 2810.
- You will also need to supply either translated tax returns or translated statements of income from your parents’ employers. Some countries do not have income tax; if so you will not be able to furnish us with tax receipts but we will still need official documentation of annual income. An official letter from an employer, on company letterhead, for example, is acceptable. We need as much information and documentation as possible about your income and assets in order to assess your financial need. Send these documents to Office of Financial Aid, Sarah Lawrence College, 1 Mead Way, Bronxville, NY 10708-5999 USA.
First year applicants must complete and submit the full PROFILE application to CSS AND send supporting financial documents, postmarked no later than January 1, 2012. Transfer applicants must complete and submit the full PROFILE application to CSS AND send supporting financial documents, postmarked no later than March 1, 2012. Please note that this date is one month prior to our Spring Transfer admission deadline. For Early Decision I and II, forms must be postmarked no later than November 15 and January 1, respectively.
When the Office of Financial Aid has received your PROFILE and supporting financial aid documents, your application for financial aid will be considered complete. Your financial aid package will be calculated and notice of your financial aid award will accompany your admission decision letter.
Returning students should file the CSS Profile no later than February 1. Tax returns or income statements should be received by April 15 and sent to:
Office of Financial Aid
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way Bronxville, NY 10708-5999 USA
When the Office of Financial Aid has received your PROFILE and supporting financial aid documents, your application for financial aid will be considered complete.
The CSS Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid assumes that you are single, married, divorced, or widowed. In some cases, our families have not or cannot be married but the parents want to apply for financial aid. If this is your family, then please follow these guidelines when completing the CSS Profile.
- If your family has cohabitated and commingled their economic resources for more than two years then ignore the references to marital status or gender of either parent. Please report the income and assets of your family "as if" marriage has taken place.
- Please provide the tax returns of both parents regardless of the filing status of the tax returns.
- Send us an email indicating that you have applied for assistance as an "alternative family" so that we may prepare your file accordingly.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact:
Heather C. McDonnell