The program can be completed on a full-time basis in two years or part-time in three years:
- 4 Graduate writing workshops, one per semester (3 credits each)
- Conference (one-on-one meetings with workshop instructors) (2 credits each)
- 4 craft-of-writing classes, one per semester (4 credits each)
- Colloquium (3 credits per semester; students charged a fee)
- Master’s Thesis or manuscript
The Master’s Thesis or manuscript is the culminating body of work submitted for the degree. Students begin the work in the first year and continue through the second year.