Office of Gift Planning
There are many ways to pass along a distinctive Sarah Lawrence education to future generations of talented, creative students—and a number of reasons to act today.
- If it is time to write or revise your will or living trust, please consider naming Sarah Lawrence College as a beneficiary. You will create a powerful legacy at this remarkable institution and you can capitalize on financial benefits as well.
There are a number of ways you can maximize your gift to Sarah Lawrence while meeting your financial needs:
- A Charitable IRA Rollover: This rule permits IRA owners age 70 ½ and above to use IRA funds tax-free to benefit the College. These IRA "rollover" gifts count for your minimum distribution and may not exceed a total of $100,000 in the applicable tax year. The gift must be sent by the IRA administrator directly to the College.
- A Retirement Plan: You can name Sarah Lawrence College as the beneficiary of some or all of the assets remaining in your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified retirement plans after your lifetime on the "beneficiary designation form" provided by your plan administrator.
- A Life Insurance Policy: Ask your life insurance agent for the beneficiary designation form and name Sarah Lawrence College a beneficiary of part or all of the policy proceeds.
- A Bank or Brokerage Account: You can title (or retitle) a bank account as POD (payable on death) to Sarah Lawrence College. Similarly, you can title (or retitle) a brokerage account or stock certificate as TOD (transfer on death) to Sarah Lawrence College.
More detailed information on making a planned gift, including financial illustrations geared to your needs and situation, is available by contacting Judith Katz, Senior Director of Major Gifts and Gift Planning, at (914) 395-2526 or visit our Gift Planning Opportunities page.
Legal designation: Sarah Lawrence College, a not-for-profit organization organized under the laws of the State of New York, located at 1 Mead Way, Bronxville, NY 10708