Empowering Teachers Summer Program
Children and their Environments: Creating New Connections and Supporting Learning
Save the Week: July 15-19, 2013
The Empowering Teachers Program, sponsored by the Sarah Lawrence College Child Development Institute, is a rigorous (yet relaxed) professional development week consisting of panels and workshops conducted by leading professionals in the fields of education and child development. The evolution of supportive collegial dialogues and ongoing relationships is facilitated throughout the week by small group interaction and reflective exploration.
The Empowering Teachers Program 2013 will include:
- A keynote address (Thomas H. Wright Lecture)
- A roundtable conversation with the speaker just for the Empowering Teachers group
- Small working groups meeting throughout the week to share their reflections and practices
- A series of experiential workshops that are both stimulating and fun
- Colleagues from across the New York City Metropolitan area and beyond who work with students of varied ages
- Sarah Lawrence faculty and guest presenters
- A chance to reflect, experience, and collaborate in a relaxed environment on a beautiful campus
- Participation for two years in an ongoing consideration of how to keep childhood alive at school and children meaningfully connected to the physical and social world and their imaginations in this era of standardization.
Generous endowed funds for this program have enabled the Child Development Institute to offset a portion of the program costs. Program fee is due after acceptance to the program and no later than July 15, 2013.
- Fee for new participants to the program is $400 (includes meals, transportation, and materials)
- Fee for returning 2nd year participants to the program is $200 (includes meals, transportation, and materials)
- Fee for those taking the program for graduate credit (which will entail a final written project) is $1000 (includes one graduate credit, meals, transportation, and materials)
Schools, centers, other employers, and parent groups are often willing to pay for professional development programs.
Space is limited! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application deadline is June 28, 2013. To apply to the 2013 Empowering Teachers Program, download and complete the application form.
E-mail the completed application to email@example.com or mail the completed application to:
Child Development Institute (Boulder)
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way
Bronxville, NY 10708
If you are mailing your application, please let us know so we can expect your application.
For additional information about the Empowering Teachers program, please contact the Child Development Institute at (914) 394-2630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.